New members will certainly be happy to find a new Welcome Page ready to guide everyone to perform the main steps. That’s the best way to start using Panmind!
Let’s see the 5 steps to start using Panmind:
1) First, create a project: you can’t say you understand Panmind until you create and try it’s main object! Creating a project is fast and simple. And if you choose to make a first test, you can create a project project that will be visible only to owner and invited members (recommended if you just want to try). It will be private for you to test it without any fear.
2) invite all your Gmail contacts: simple and quick way to find out people from your Gmail contacts who’s already a member of Panmind and invite the ones that are not members yet.
3) invite people you know by typing their email address
4) upload an image for your profile: in this way everyone will have a face in Panmind
5) add information about you: explain who you are and what are your interests so that we can help you to find the right people to work with!
Let us guide you, it will be easier to understand what is the best way to discover Panmind!
But the Welcome page is not the only news… the most careful of you will notice that icons representing project types have changed: they now represent a folder. It looks like a tiny change, but it’s not!
We decided to use this symbol because a project can be thought as a set of files and content to share with who you want: choosing people carefully or allowing anyone to see it (and so allowing everybody to contribute).
In both cases we think the folder can be the perfect symbol!
Asking why? Because Panmind is a new way to create file folders on the web, manage and share them, creating social dynamics around the content that you share!
Let’s stop it here, too much talking… the best way to find out what we’re talking about is open up your browser and go to see it! And as always do not forget to tell us what you think. We are working for you on other big changes, see you soon!